Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year!


So a new year has arrived! Now is the time when most people start creating resolutions for themselves - usually some harsh, self-critical goal that is near impossible to achieve, especially with the means planned to achieve it. So usually, I don't do New Year Resolutions. Or so I say.

But then I realized that I kind of do have a New Year Resolution and it is mostly the same every year: balance. I can't say I've achieved it really but maybe this is what we should all reach for. The best goals for us might not be those that are extreme (e.g. never eat this specific food we love so we can lose fifty pounds in two months or never to buy another pair of shoes so that we don't spend money).

Here is what I hope to keep striving for throughout this year and all those to come. I want to create balance in my life. I want to try to spend a little less money and save a little more. I want to try to exercise a little more and sit idly a little bit less. I want to try to eat a little bit healthier and eat a little bit less junk food. I want to spend a little bit less time on work, and a little more time enjoying life, my family, and friends.

I hope all of you can find balance, happiness, and love throughout this new wonderful year. All the best!


2 comments:

  1. I really like that first quote! Happy New Year, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy New Year, Amanda! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete