Saturday, October 15, 2011

Juliet

This past week, I finished a wonderful book and I wish I hadn't. It's one of those books that makes you wish the story would go on forever. "Juliet" is author Anne Fortier's debut novel. Believe me when I say that she definitely didn't waste her first impression as a writer - the book is fabulous. I think the best description I've heard of it was from my friend Dawn who called it "The Woman's Da Vinci Code".


You can't help but become attached to the characters and the way Alessandro and Giulietta's stories intertwine is fabulous. It gives a very interesting historical overview on some of the theories behind the famous story of Romeo and Juliet (PS Great movie adaptation I watched in high school). You'll end up rooting, flinching, hoping, cheering and at times, even crying.

Sound interesting to you? Still unsure? Check out the book trailer (great concept right?!) that they made for it.



Check it out! Also, I am in need of other books to read. Any suggestions?

1 comment: